Saturday, February 13, 2010

More Beneficial

B.B. Keville at New Alternative Skincare http://www.newbeginningswellnesscenter.net/, who has been most helpful in healing a face-skin condition that saw fit to afflict me, asked me the other day, when I visited for a bit of face rubbing, if I might donate a picture for a benefit to be held for her old friend and veteran, Austin music fellow, Will Sexton, that is going on next Monday (Feb. 15) at Antone's http://www.antones.net/index.php?content=shows, to help cover expenses from his recent stroke.


So, I've sent, "Summer Pastoral." I thought about sending one of the Pouffy-Pants Hummingbird paintings, but I'm kind of reluctant to seperate them and I want, "Going Courting," just at present, as reference for another picture (by the way, you can see these at the Libertine Gallery site). Yes, I need to get some more small, 11x14 and 10x10 inch paintings underway... yes, I need to get some paintings underway!

At any rate and nevertheless, "Summer Pastoral," came up pretty insistently to my mind as the one to send. I really want it to make its way out into the world and find a good home.

2 comments:

  1. A lovely piece. I'm sure it will do well at the benefit. I may have to stop by Antones and see this in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks... I'm a bit slow... the past couple weeks...

    ReplyDelete